Join our signature Dubai food tour with Arabic and Iranian food tastings, topped off with entertaining stories of food and culture.
- Feast on lesser known dishes of Palestine, Lebanon, Iraq and Iran; of course we’ll check off falafels and hummus too!
- Join an experience that feels less like a tour and more like a dinner party with about 6 to 8 well-traveled and culture seeking guests.
- Hear stories of Middle Eastern food, culture and communities from a resident guide who is knowledgeable and passionate about the region.
- Visit restaurants where the staff treat us less like ‘customers’ and more like old friends and family.
- Meet like-minded travelers and even residents who are looking for an authentic experience far away from the touristy clichés.
- Immerse yourself in food traditions of the region: learning coffee etiquette, detecting grades of saffron and more.
- Visit places where old timers shop for saffron, baklava, Arabic cookies, pomegranate syrup and other delicious export-friendly souvenirs.
Meet & Greet
Meet our friendly food tour guide steps away from the Al Rigga Metro station in Deira (on the Diva Gents Salon side of the road).
Corner Falafel Cafeteria
Design your own falafel sandwich using delicious ‘stuffed’ falafels and all the trimmings: hummus, fried eggplant and cauliflower, three kinds of sauces and pickles.
Sample a sweet cheese pastry made just for us, fresh off the fire. This decadent pie is topped with crunchy noodles and pistachios. (G/N/D)
Experience the timeless customs of local Arabic coffee or ‘gahwa’ with a pressed date cookie and pistachio ‘cookies and cream’. Mixed boxes of baklava and Arabic cookies also available for purchase. (G/N/D)
Partake of ancient Iraqi culinary customs with a traditional wood-fire smoked Iraqi fish* (F) OR kebabs* (M). Wash the meal down with a digestive samovar tea.
*Food selection varies based on group size.
Stroll over to our “Ali Baba’s cave” of exotic ingredients where you will learn all about saffron over a Persian sundae with saffron ice cream (D) and rosewater-spiked frozen cornstarch noodles. Rosewater, saffron and nuts available for purchase.
Allergens Key: Contains G-Gluten; D-Dairy; N-Nuts; M-Meat (Beef/Lamb); P-Poultry; F-Fish; S-Shellfish. We regret that there may not be substitutes for dishes. Even if specific dishes do not contain these ingredients, we cannot guarantee against cross-contamination of allergens in the restaurant kitchens.
We meet at Diva Gents Salon in Deira (not the Satwa branch!) It’s right outside Al Rigga Metro Exit #2, Al Rigga Road. Please be on time, we don’t wait for latecomers!
GPS link: https://goo.gl/maps/a4KruNcHPPCrJcih6
Given the heavy traffic, limited parking and different starting and ending locations, we strongly recommend that you take the metro rather than driving to the trail. If you plan to take a taxi, please budget extra time for traffic.
Nearby metro: Al Rigga.
Yes, we’d love to serve you and any companions on a private tour! We need a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 8 to run this tour as a private experience. You may book out an existing date on our tour calendar as a private tour if no one else has already booked spots on it. Alternatively, please email us at email@example.com with your preferred dates so we may schedule a private tour for you.
The main course on our Middle Eastern tour is non-vegetarian: fish/lamb. That said, we have had vegetarian guests join in the past and they have often walked away from the tour quite full and sated. While there are no vegetarian substitutes for the meat dishes, the falafels, dips and desserts are all vegetarian-friendly.
We recommend taking the Al Rigga metro to the tour meeting point. The metro may or may still be operational once the tour is complete, depending on the time.
If you plan to take a taxi, please budget extra time for traffic on the roads especially between 5PM and 7PM.
If you plan to drive, please know that streetside parking is available but sometimes challenging to find. Please also note that our starting point and ending point on this tour are about a 15 minute walk away from each other.
Absolutely not! Our walking food tours are immersive experiences that combine food tastings with history, culture and personal stories of the city.
Earphones with a 35mm jack for the portable audio system that helps you hear the guide clearly.
Please don’t carry anything too heavy as we will be walking. If you plan to purchase edible souvenirs during the tour, please make sure to carry cash (local AED currency) or your credit card.
Please be sure to let us know if you (or anyone in your group) have a dietary restriction (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic, allergy, etc.) when you purchase your tickets. In most cases, nuts, lactose and gluten may be in the foods featured on our experiences and there is a risk of cross-contamination. If you have a serious allergy, we recommend contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to purchasing tickets to enable us to advise you if our tours are suitable for you.
Yes, toilet facilities are available at most stops on this tour.
At this time, the tour is only offered in English.
The tours are very rarely cancelled due to bad weather. We will email you at least 4 hours prior to the tour should it not be advisable to walk outside due to a thunderstorm or sandstorm; please make sure to check your email if you are aware of bad weather. We also advise you to check weather conditions for your tour and dress appropriately and carry an umbrella if required.
Yes, advance ticket purchase is required through this website. Our experiences, typically, sell out quickly during the peak season (November to April). To maximize your chances of getting the date, time, and number of tickets you prefer, please book well in advance.
We apply the following policy for public tour bookings, including ones booked with a gift voucher / e-certificate:
- 90% refund if 7 days or more before Tour
- 0% refund if less than 7 days before Tour
- Rescheduling permitted to another tour of the same price only if request is received 7 days or more before the tour and if there is availability on the new date requested. Only one rescheduling request permitted per booking.
- No rescheduling permitted if request is received less than 7 days before the tour or if there is no availability on the new date requested.
Gratuities are always appreciated but are not mandatory.